Monday, January 26, 2009

Indiana Beauty: Jon McLaughlin

Would you believe it if I told you I completely forgot about this guy until about a week or so ago... Lo and behold, the great hunkologists at Hunk du Jour did us a service by posting a couple fantastic images of Jon (I believe it was exactly a week ago today) and it eventually dawned on me... Why haven't I featured this beautiful musician yet?

So without further ado, introducing Indiana's most beautiful singer/songwriter/guitar player/pianist/all-around hottie/I think you get the picture by now cool... Gorgeous 26 year-old artist Jon McLaughlin.

The term 'hottie' was created for someone like this...
I think the very first time I heard of Jon was way, way back in 2007 (seems like a long time ago now mrgreen)... just a little bit after his second official album was released.
Suffice to say I loved what I heard, and yes, the video for his single Beautiful Disaster just happened to be on youtube, so I love what I saw as well cool...

As it turns out, I wasn't the only one who took notice. John had a website set up at the time along with his myspace account, and just from those sources alone, he was able to generate up to 25,000 hits a day and numerous requests for his music. Apparently yet another online artist success story cool.
And what a success it's been... since then he's gone on to play numerous major venues including the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, and has had his music used as soundtrack for two movies and and a number of television series. Jon also had the honor of being invited to the 80th Academy Awards ceremony to perform the musical number So Close from the film Enchanted.

Jon released his third album OK Now back in October of 2008. The MP3 versions of his songs are of course available for download through Itunes and Amazon. You can also check out more of Jon's beautiful music both at his Myspace page and all over youtube.
JONMCL2
And yes, I have to say Indiana really never looked more beautiful... Hopefully squarehippies doesn't mind if I borrow Jon just for a little bit cool... Beautiful face + great voice + talent = ultimate hottie... at least in my book mrgreen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment