Saturday, November 3, 2007

Ah, Heroes... We barely knew ye :-(

The 'Heroes' Second season ending next month? Apparently so...

According to the Heroes Revealed blog, the second season may be coming to an abrupt end partly due to the writers strike... The strike (if it's prolonged) may actually cripple most television productions set for this year... along with late night talk shows, and comedic news shows (i.e. 'The Daily Show') which rely heavily on their writers for their nightly tapings. Already the Heroes spin-off, Heroes Origins, which was set to start airing in April 2008, has been canceled indefinitely and is one of the first casualties of the strike. Odds are this season of Heroes, along with pretty much every other show on the air, may be joining it soon should the writers guild and the networks fail to come to an agreement anytime soon.

My Personal Opinion: I should also add that I think the eclipse is a perfect symbol for Heroes at this point... seeing as so far the first and second season are like night and day... (people who've watched all of the first season and are currently watching the second will know what I mean.) I'll be watching till the end of the Season Finale, whether it comes in December or later, but so far, I have to say that I've been disappointed... and I know a lot of people who share that sentiment. This season will be remembered as a classic example of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'... changing the writing cast from season 1 was a very bad idea... but that's just my opinion.


...That being said, I leave you with a Mad TV parody. It's based off Season 1 but I think it's more appropriately symbolic of Season 2 :-)...

0 comments:

Post a Comment