Monday, November 26, 2007

Torchwood on BBC America

So they finally aired the 12th episode of Torchwood this past Sunday on BBC America. I've already caught the entire series by downloading the DVD through torrents, but I was very interested in how much they'd keep (or cut out) out from the infamous Jack/Jack episode. From what I can garner, they bleeped out one word (referring to one of the Japanese actresses), but that's about it, everything was aired in its entirety.

I have to admit, I love this series for its actors more than anything else. Jack (played by John Barrowman) and Ianto (Gareth David-Lloyd) are by far my favorites. And the openness of some of the relationships is something I'll probably never see on American television.

For anyone who hasn't seen the series (or ever even heard of it), the show is basically a spin-off from the long-running Doctor Who series. It revolves around a branch of the Torchwood Institute located in Cardiff, Wales, and the misadventures of its agents (led by their self-described 'omnisexual', Captain Jack Harkness), as they attempt to run the facility without getting themselves killed in the process. I would say, the closest US series to which I can compare it to would be the X-files, although that's a somewhat very loose comparison smile

I made this clip yesterday, I think it just about sums up the storyline for Episode 12
The series is currently in between seasons at the moment, with the second season reportedly set to start at the beginning of next year, January 2008.

0 comments:

Post a Comment