Friday, February 1, 2008

Ron at the Reagan Library



I've already thrown my support behind Obama, and I'll be voting for him in the primary... and hopefully in November (assuming he manages to squeak past Hillary). But I have to absolutely hand it to Ron Paul... if the guy wasn't such an ultra-libertarian on so many foreign and domestic issues, I'm absolutely positive he'd be the next President of the United States by a landslide. His stances on our foreign alliances and threats to abolish many of our domestic institutions (i.e. the Department of Education) really kills his chances of ever winning an election. But he definitely dishes out a hard truth, one that many people on both sides of the political spectrum tend to dismiss.

I think at this point though, he's simply being reduced to the proverbial 'voice crying out from the wilderness'... as unfortunate as that may be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment