Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Slash fanart yaoi at its finest...

A couple of days ago I was contacted by a reader named Andrew regarding the origins of some random art pieces I featured a few months back in a post titled 'Lord of the Rings: Fantasy'... the post was basically about a slash fanart rendition of Legolas and Frodo/Sam from Lord of the Rings. Suffice to say it took a little searching here and there, but I finally managed to recall the origins of where the gorgeous pics came from... so I thought I might as well share them with everyone....

Although not much information exists on the creator/creators of these gorgeous fanart renditions of Jack and Ianto from Torchwood, or Harry Potter/Draco Malfoy below, these pieces all originated from an internet artist (or art group) that goes by the name of Theban Band.

The better majority of the Theban Band's art focuses on fanart, manips, and digital rendering, creating pretty neat pair-ups between some well-known characters from recent movies (and television series) ranging from Torchwood, to Pirates of the Caribbean, Smallville, Doctor Who, Harry Potter, and of course Lord of the Rings... (just to name a few)...

Just Beautiful... would you believe it if I told you Aragorn and Borimir was a pairing I'd never really conceptualized? Legolas and someone else maybe... And of course Frodo and Sam have been a slash fanart favorite for years... but somehow Borimir slipped my mind cool...
I'm not sure if the Theban Band still operates, or whether or not they're still producing fanart, but they still have a webpage, livejournal, and a Deviantart page up for your viewing pleasure mrgreen...

Slash fanart at its finest indeed, I wonder what Jack Sparrow is looking for confused?

0 comments:

Post a Comment