Saturday, June 7, 2008

Beauty from a time gone by...

Thanks in large part to modern technology (and aesthetic enthusiasts who've been keen to scan and upload much of their old collections), I've compiled a rather interesting set of vintage physique photography shots... much of which I've yet to add. I recently put a poll up regarding this very topic a couple of days ago and overwhelmingly the consensus was to go ahead and add them.

Vintage is one of my favorite genres of pictures, in that the old photography masters both viewed the male body as the singular focus work of art to be captured in a simple shot, and that they took many of their cues from the ancient Greek and Roman perceptions of perfection (of which I'm very much influenced by)...
I'll be mixing in vintage shots with the standard candid/male model shots from now on. Be forewarned though... much of physique photography was done in the full nude mrgreen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment