Saturday, June 14, 2008

I Kissed a girl and I liked it?

Ugh, I can't believe this woman's song actually got stuck in my head. The lyrics are just so... out there (especially compared to the unoriginal cra... I mean music that passes for pop love songs nowadays). This song is definitely unique, it's also got a very nice beat... although a couple of friends of mine have referred to it as 'creepy' to a certain degree considering she's singing about dismissing people after getting intimate with them. No surprise the hits for her video on youtube jumped from 30,000 hits to 3,000,000 in the span of two weeks.
If you haven't heard of this new artist, her name is Katy Perry and she's been stirring controversy with her newly released single 'I Kissed a Girl'. It's off her new album One of the Boys which debuts next week. Rolling Stone has already released a 'not so flattering' review, so I almost see this single as being the gimmick that'll end up working in favor of selling quite a few CDs in the stores (or at least a few million downloads here and there)..
I wonder how a male version of this song would be received... or should I just not go there confused...

0 comments:

Post a Comment