Sunday, March 22, 2009

Farewell BSG

Thank you cast of Battlestar, for being one of the greatest assembled group of talented actors I've ever witnessed on a television series. And thank you Ronald Moore and the entire crew of writers and creative minds that brought about such a fantastic show.
NUP_111710_1396
In case you missed it the finale to the phenomenal sci-fi television series Battlestar Galactica has came and went. And what a send off it turned out to be... truly one of the few shows that (for me at least) will define the best television this decade had to offer...
I should also mention a thank you to composer Bear McCreary for creating perhaps the best rendition of Jimi Hendrix's All Along the Watchtower I've ever heard. It's no easy feat taking an original concept and transforming it into something new and exciting, but that's exactly what both Bear, and to a larger extent Ronald Moore did with this series from the start. Who'd have ever thought I'd be praising a remake of a show I once ridiculed and dismissed as outdated cool.

0 comments:

Post a Comment