Saturday, March 14, 2009

Tennis anyone?

A couple weeks ago I ran into a video of interest over on youtube featuring a couple scenes from various movies, cut together and placed with a soundtrack. Originally I was going to post that video, but I had no clue as to which movies were used to so I decided to hold off on it. One of the clips from that particular video did happen to catch my eye though, and I've been trying to figure out where exactly it came from ever since.

As luck would have it (strangely enough much like a lot of the finds on this blog) the video itself fell into my lap. This clip was taken from a short 1994 movie called The Disco Years. It was included as part of a triple set of short movies called Boys Life, and features a young Matt Nolan (as the role of lead character Tom) and Russel Scott Lewis (as the beautiful blond Matt).
The movie supposedly takes place in the 70s... although you wouldn't notice it considering the early 90s hairstyles and outfits. The overarching plot probably also wasn't the best (Russel Lewis's character specifically almost requires a suspension of disbelief), but these particular scene made the movie worthwhile. You can check out this short film in its entirety on the Boys Life 1 DVD.

0 comments:

Post a Comment