Wednesday, March 11, 2009

LA Times features largest pool on Earth

Yesterday the LA Times featured a travel location far, far south of the border. In Chile to be exact so I guess it's pretty much as far as you can possibly get mrgreen. Anyhow, apparently this massive pool (ironically enough located on a beachfront) currently holds the Guinness world record for the largest man-made water structure on the face of the earth.

The only question I have regarding this aquatic monstrosity is why?... Why would anyone in their right mind construct a pool large enough to allow for kayaking, sailing and scuba diving? And why place this 19 acre pool right beside the ocean... when, um, the ocean is like a couple feet away?

Also, why am I here blogging when I could be enjoying myself at a paradise pool the size of a beach confused?
Ah yeah, almost forgot... this 1,000 meter pool still happens to be located in Chile and of course lo and behold it's part of a resort. The San Alfonso del Mar to be exact. A pricey resort that runs at about $1,300 per week (and that's just for one bedroom confused)... ah well, I'll save my planned visit for my dreams I guess cool...

0 comments:

Post a Comment